7 DAYS LATELY | GRAN CANARIA

Tuesday 21 October 2014




I'm 22 and I've only recently been on an airplane. Crazy right? My family never had much money for trips abroad so we settled for 'staycations' to places like Wales or the Isle of Wight. All this changed last week when I went on my first holiday abroad to Gran Canaria.

First of all, planes really unsettle me! I didn't realise it would be so noisy/shaky/high up in the air. Many times I had to reach over and clutch my boyfriend's hand because I was a little bit nervous. I'm sure I'll get used to it the more I fly.

We arrived in Playa del Ingles on Thursday evening and headed straight to bed. It was late and flying is exhausting stuff. We woke up to a lovely view, free champagne and a buffet breakfast. Start as you mean to go on - this holiday was full of food and alcohol. My belly has probably expanded now because I am hungry all the time at the moment.

I wanted to share a few pictures with you because it was such an amazing week!

View from our hotel room

Enjoying the sun on the beach

Not a huge fan of the sea

Boat trip views

Sangria on the sea

Beach

Hotel pool and bar

Looking for dolphins 
Tapas


I'm coming back with a pretty impressive tan (by my standards anyway). It was a relaxing week, and it was nice to chill by the pool or on the beach with a good book. We went on a boat trip on one of the days to try and see dolphins. Sadly, we didn't see any dolphins, only a dead turtle. Luck wasn't on our side that day. But we did drink lots of sangria and soaked up the sun.

I'm currently suffering from the holiday blues as I write this in rainy ol' England. It was a fantastic holiday for my first trip abroad. I think I've caught the bug and I want to travel to even more places.

I'm looking to do a post with the outfits I wore in the evening so keep your eyes peeled for that!

2 comments :

  1. I didn't fly for the first time till I was 19 and that was just to Dublin so not really very glamorous. I hated flying that first time but soon got over it when my second ever flight was to Australia!

    Glad you had a great holiday, the weather looks amazing!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an amazing holiday - the perfect getaway! I flew for the first time at 18 on a school trip and I was the only first-time flyer there, which everyone found hilarious. I do get nervous, but I enjoy flying much more than I expected, and am itching to get away again! I've never been anywhere like Gran Canaria though. It looks heavenly (and, by the way, holidays are all about the food and drink!). Also, you look beaut in your bikinis :)

    Glad you had a lovely time!

    Jo xx

    She Wears Burgundy

    ReplyDelete